The Law Office of Janice Salvadore

Professional Legal Services and Trusted Advice

HomeAbout UsGeneral Law PracticeReal Estate LawJuvenile Defense LawDivorce LawCollaborative Law ProcessReal Estate Law -ServicesFAQ- DivorceContact UsResources / Links


The Law Office of Janice Salvadore is one of the most experienced Juvenile Defense firms in Central MA.

When your child gets in trouble or has been arrested, the first thing you need to do is find out why he or she was taken into custody, what they did wrong and what needs to happen for the child to be released back to you as the child’s parent or guardian.

A minor who is found guilty of committing a crime may be declared a "juvenile delinquent," and the judge then determines what action would be appropriate. Based on the severity of the infraction, the Judge may send the Youth to a reform school or another public institution, place him/her in a foster home, or return him or her to their parents and placed on probation.

If your child has been charged with a minor misdemeanor, and this is his or her first offense, it may not be necessary to retain an attorney. However, if your child has been charged with a felony, a major misdemeanor, or a second charge for any misdemeanor, it is recommended you consult with an juvenile defense attorney. It is also necessary to understand that the same offense might be either a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on its degree.

With the possible exception of the most minor of cases, it is recommended that you consult with a juvenile defense attorney when dealing with juvenile law. If you have any questions as to the severity of the action or what steps you need to take to defend your child, please give us a call.